Watch Tuckahoe and Quioccasin play in the Unified Basketball League with help from Special Olympics of Virginia.
The 7th and 8th Grade Winter Dance will be held on Friday February 28th from 7-8:30pm!
Semi-formal wear is required (dresses, skirts, pants, collared shirts, blouses are approved, no jeans. HCPS dress code applies)
Tickets will be on sale in the library from February 24th -28th Monday-Friday. Tickets are $3 each.
Drinks will be provided.
Please make sure you have timely transportation to and from the dance!
Remember you must clear all library fines and overdue books to buy a ticket. Can’t wait to see you there!
Sponsored by the SCA
Photo courtesy of https://www.creecs.org/news-blog/2018/2/13/school-dance
Parents and community members – We are still in need of presenters for our school-wide Career Day on Monday, March 30th, from 8:00-11:15 AM. We would like to include a wide variety of careers and all are welcome. Please RSVP to this link: http://bit.ly/QMScareerday2020 as soon as possible so that our students can select their sessions. Please reach out to any school counselor with questions.
Image from The Museum School
♥This week is Spirit Week! Show your school spirit and have some fun! ♥
Monday: Sports team/ Sports jersey Day! Wear your favorite team apparel!
Tuesday: Tropical Beach Day! Wear something Summer-y and appropriate! (No bathing suits allowed)
Wednesday: Twin Day! Find a friend and be twins for the day!
Thursday: Sci-fi Day! Channel your intergalactic self!
Friday: Spirit Day! Show your school spirit by wearing your spirit wear!
SHOW YOUR SCHOOL SPIRIT AND HAVE FUN! WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE!
Sponsored by your SCA:
Henrico County Public Schools has established deadlines to request a variance to another school beginning with the 2020-2021 school year. The deadline to request a variance for high schools is February 17, 2020. For elementary and middle schools, the deadline to submit a request for a variance is April 15, 2020.
Registration opens on January 8
To register, click on this link: http://www.tuckahoerebelslacrosse.com
- Open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade future Freeman boys
- Since 2002, Tuckahoe Rebels Lacrosse has develope future Freeman lacrosse players.
- Expectations mirror Freeman’s lacrosse program
- Practice and game schedule- Monday – Friday, 2 games a week
- Coaching quality- Jason Jacoby and Chris Avellana
- Merit-based playing time
- Competition- Local private schools, rec and travel programs
- Practice starts on March 2nd at Quioccasin Middle School and will run through the first week in April
- Fee is $325 and includes shooting shirt, shorts, and a practice pinny
- Boys Contacts
QMS Night at Panera
Wed, Dec 11th FROM 4:00pm – 8:00pm / Regency Mall
- Bring the attached Panera flyer or show an electronic version of the Panera flyer to the cashier when you place your order and Panera will donate a portion of the proceeds from your purchase to QMS.*
- If you’re ordering Online for Rapid Pick-Up or Delivery – enter “PRFUND” as your Promo Code to have a portion of your proceeds donated to QMS.
Save the date December 14 and come out to Barnes & Noble Libbie Place for the QMS Library’s book fair. Visit the cafe and see Griffin artwork on display. Listen to live music while you browse. Stop by with your purchase and have your gift wrapped. We hope to see you there.
Eighth-graders, the time is here to start applying to specialty centers. The application window is currently open and closes on Friday, January 17, 2020. Check Schoology for details, and see Mrs. Tyler for more information.
When: Dec. 7, 2019
Time: 10 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School
Who: Grades 5-8
This is a free event and lunch will be provided. Please bring school supplies to donate to the RPS Teacher’s Store and be entered into a raffle for prizes!!
- Steward School with Sphero Robots
- The VCU Spit for Science Library
- Henrico County Public Library
- First Robotics Team 422: The Mech Tech Dragons
Please register online for the event: http://mechtechdragons.com/rsvp.php
9400 Quioccasin Road, Henrico, VA 23238
Phone (804) 750-2630 | Fax (804) 750-2629
School Hours: 8:35 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Half-day dismissal time: 12:10 p.m.